Today, I’ve updated the theme blog and the navigation, with a brand new support/FAQ section and a new link section with all the links, tutorials and resources. Wah, I love the navigation, it’s so pretty! Credit goes here.
Themes currently in progress:
I’m currently having a minor theme making mental block. Or lack or inspiration? Or lack of self confidence? Or maybe I’m setting very high standards for myself, which are hard to achieve? I don’t know but the themes in progress are developing rather slowly. I apologize for any inconvinience. /Emma
I’ve recently updated the code for Alcor, so if you install the latest version of the theme from my theme page there’s a checkbox to make the tags visible. Simple as that :)
COLOUR IDEAS 003 Limerick
#F6E01B - #D6C994 - #FCFDF6 - #BAE8DC - #658285 - #254A69
Possible Ideas: Again, I’m just throwing out some ideas where/when you could use this palette based on my own interpretations. This is not so different from the last colour scheme but all the shades of blue/green are more vibrant and brighter so I think it’d work for maybe a beach or small town roleplay. (Example of Use)
TUTORIAL: POP-UP BOXES
- Open the Customize page, and click Edit HTML
- Paste this code underneath <head>
- Paste this code anywhere between <style type=”text/css”> and </style>
- Paste this code right in between </body> and </html>*
- Paste this code wherever you want the link to show**
* NOTE 1:
- To add extra pages simply copy and paste the first division (the entire part before the long line of </div>’s) but remember each different box needs a different title (<div id=”box1”>)
- For a pop-up ask box, replace ‘content’ with this code
** NOTE 2:
- ”#?w=300” is the width, change it to whatever suits
- rel=”box1” is the name of the box, make sure it correlates with Step 3’s title
COMMENTS: Hope this helped, if you have any questions feel free to message me.
As I’ve been playing with learning code and graphic design for a little while now, I’ve noticed my affinity for playing with website design and development. Thus, I’ve done my research and compiled an “Ultimate Plan” for how I’m going to learn the skills necessary to become a developer and find a career in this field. I am going to be learning each of these concepts in the exact order that I have organized the courses. This list was originally going to be made for myself in a Google spreadsheet, however, I decided that it would be helpful for others to access as well. Oh, and all of these courses are completely free! Enjoy! :)
Edit: I forgot to set all the links to open in a new window, so don’t forget to hold Ctrl or Command while clicking the link! :P
Step One: HTML/CSS
- Tuts+ 30 Days to Learn HTML & CSS
- Udemy Learn HTML5 Programming From Scratch
- Codecademy HTML/CSS // Web Developer Skills: Make a Website, Make an Interactive Website
- Udemy Intro to Web Development: HTML
- Levelup Tuts Sass Tutorials
- Khan Academy Intro to JS
- Khan Academy Advanced JS: Games and Visualizations
- Programmr JS Exercises, Examples, Projects
Step Three: jQuery
Step Four: AngularJS
- W3schools AngularJS Tutorial
- Revillweb Learn AngularJS in 30 Minutes
- Tuts+ Hands-On Angular
- Programmr AngularJS
Step Five: MySQL
Step 6: CoffeeScript (Optional, kinda…)
I’ll probably make another one of these for learning the LAMP stack and/or Node.js in the future, so those will most likely be very helpful as well.
With CSS3 animations in HTML documents have become fairly easy to achieve. Using the “@keyframes” rule various properties such as position and size of an HTML element get defined. Then the property “animation” cares for getting the keyframes up and running according to…
theme 14 : apolloF E A T U R E S
- 4 customizable links
- 250px / 400px / 500px posts
- high resolution sidebar (Pretty much wallpaper size)R U L E S
- Please don’t remove the credit
- Don’t repost and claim as your own
- Feel free to edit and customize as much as you want!
- ♥ or reblog if you’re using
I figured since I released a theme that uses a large wallpaper size image I should post some links to find your own! I also included a place to find nice patterns as well!
journey-tan : I’m sorry for taking so long to reply to this message! But I’ve been really busy. I use icon fonts from WeLoveIconFonts and they’re easy to use, here’s a small tutorial of how to use them.
Btw, you asked something about changing the color of the icons, well, you can do it if the theme has an option to change the color of the navigation links (most of the themes have that option lol) so you’re going to be able to change the colors with no trouble!
Message me if you have problem! I hope this was helpful! :)